Monday, December 12, 2016

My Thoughts on Morning Musume's 13ki, Updates on My Life, What's to Come for This Blog

こんにちは, salut, привет, HELLO, earthlings (or not-so-earthlings, if you're like me)! 
Long time no see, yeah?
Well, I've been quite busy, and that is my excuse ("Yeah, right, Calli, you're such a liar, you're just lazy!")
Okay, maybe you're right...a little bit.
But, to be fair, I do have many post drafts...just none of them actually posted.
Not to fret, of course I'll be doing my H!P all-encompassing A-sides ranking this year, just as I did last year. (Wow, has it really been a year? Time flies!)
Well, you all know how I like to separate things into subsections. So, let's get this show on the road!



My Thoughts on 13ki

At around 4-5 AM on December 12th my time (no, I'm not gonna check the JST, I'm not one for informational writing, it's opinion-based, so I'm just too lazy! ;) Morning Musume's 13th generation members were announced. 

WHO I PREDICTED: Kitagawa Ryo, Yokoyama Reina, Kawamura Ayano
WHO I WANTED: Kitagawa Ryo, Yokoyama Reina, Noguchi Kurumi, Danbara Ruru, Inoue Hikaru, Takase Kurumi
WHO ACTUALLY GOT IN: Kaga Kaede, Yokoyama Reina

Kaga Kaede


Before the announcement, I was #TeamYokoyama, because I'd simply heard that Kaedy wasn't such a nice person. But as soon as I watched that announcement video, she charmed my pants off. She's waited for so long to be placed into a group, and her hard work has finally paid off; her tears of joy really touched my heart. It'll be nice to have an already-seasoned talent in the group to compensate for what 3/4 of 12ki is lacking (minus Miki.) She's got a deep voice and a short haircut, on top of that, so yep, I've found my new number two in Momusu (Sorry, Eripon!)

Yokoyama Reina



For this dual selection, we get two polar opposites. Cute vs. masculine. Fresh vs. seasoned. And that's what I love about it. This same type of decision was made with Country Girls' second gen, with Musubu being an energetic powerhouse and Naachan being a doll-like charmer, and as a result, Country Girls' second gen has been one of the most effective generation additions in H!P's history. We haven't heard much of Reina yet, but she has that fresh-meat appeal that Japanese wota tend to love, so H!P really did a great job with picking this generation. There's a girl to please everyone.

Updates on My Life

This is the part you'll probably want to skip over, because you're probably just here for the fun stuff, but I'm more-so writing this section as a time capsule, something to look back at when I'm older.
Life for Calli right now is pretty much just sailing along. I have a job and I'm going to be starting university in around June. The university I'm going to be going to is huge, and there's just so much to do. It's like its own little city. I'm really excited.
I've been really coming into my own within the past year or two, and I'm proud of myself for that. I'm at a really comfortable stage in my life, and I just can't wait for what the future holds for me.

What's to Come For This Blog


  • every H!P A-side of 2016, ranked
  • predictions for 2017 -- Hello! Project, Eurovision, and personal life
  • speaking of that, posts about Eurovision, as well
  • more consistent updates on news in the H!P world
  • and other stuff I'll think up along the way :)

Yes, this blog will also have posts about Eurovision now, as well, if you couldn't already tell by my changed banner. But, do not fret, of course my Hello! Project posts will keep coming, too! I just think it's important to write for more topics as you expand your interests, and I'm really excited for the future of this blog.

Well, 'til next time! Calli, out!



No comments:

Post a Comment